After a brief hiatus, the 2020 analyst coverage of the corporate performance management (CPM) market is off and running with the publishing of the Nucleus Research CPM Value Matrix Report for 2020. The report highlights how the CPM market continues to heat up as all organizations seek to improve their planning and forecasting capabilities in the face of volatile global economic conditions and industry forces.
However, in the CPM Value Matrix report, Nucleus Research Analyst Andrew MacMillen highlights that most CPM vendors haven’t limited themselves to planning solutions – offering additional support for the financial close, risk management as well as analytics. Nucleus Research believes that the ability to cover all these requirements has jump-started an evolution towards platform offerings that enable customers to expand their deployments to address new requirements as they grow and evolve.
Additional market trends highlighted in the 2020 Nucleus Research CPM Value Matrix report include:
- Planning is a key driver. As companies grow in both size and complexity, creating and following a strategic plan takes on an increasingly important role in maintaining long-term success.
- Cloud adoption is accelerating. The cloud adds further value for customers by shifting the responsibility and costs of upgrades and maintenance back towards the vendors.
- Platforms rule. Beyond planning, CPM solutions now must be able to handle a wide array of tasks related to finances ranging from the closing the books and consolidation, to analytics and business intelligence.
- Embedded analytics in demand. Embedded analytics are now table stakes among leading solutions and the race to deploy artificial intelligence (AI) enhancements has already begun.
- Usability is key. Usability remains critically valuable for CPM vendors as the main competitors for customers’ time and money are still spreadsheets and “good enough” legacy solutions.
With those trends as the backdrop, Nucleus evaluated CPM vendors based on the usability and functionality of their solutions, as well as the value that customers realized from each product’s capabilities. Their findings are based on briefings and demonstrations provided by CPM vendors, as well as interviews with customers of each vendor. So what did the results reveal?
OneStream Recognized as a Leader
I am proud to report that for the 3rd year running, OneStream Software was recognized as a Market Leader in the Nucleus Research CPM Value Matrix report.
According to Nucleus Research, “OneStream Software is a Leader in the 2020 CPM Value Matrix. The platform, OneStream XF, covers a wide range of CPM capabilities including financial close and consolidation, reporting, analytics, modeling, disclosure and risk management, and core PBF functionalities.”
The report goes on to say, “OneStream’s usability is also a strength, enabling rapid adoption rates among new deployments. OneStream targets enterprise-grade organizations but is flexible enough to meet the needs of midmarket customers and most often competes against legacy solutions and Microsoft Excel.”
In looking at OneStream’s position in the CPM Value Matrix, we are positioned as having the highest-ranked functionality among the Leaders in the report, while being ranked among the highest in usability.
OneStream is proud of the market leadership recognition we received in this report by Nucleus Research. It’s a testament to the hard work we have put into designing and evolving the OneStream XF platform and XF MarketPlace to address the sophisticated financial consolidation, reporting, planning, analysis and data quality needs of medium to large enterprises around the world. And its proof of the high value our over 500 customers have received from our solution, typically replacing multiple legacy products from Oracle/Hyperion, SAP, IBM as well as spreadsheets and point cloud solution that had reached their limits.
To learn more, download the 2020 Nucleus Research CPM Value Matrix report and contact OneStream if you are ready to break free from the limitations of legacy CPM applications and spreadsheets.